ON5 Company is creating a new mass-market service to help UK householders improve their homes, while making them more environmentally sustainable. We’re running a full user-centred design process to create a digital platform and online service that solves real-world problems people face when procuring home improvements. We’re an enthusiastic team working to make solutions that are dependable, delightful, effective at lowering carbon footprints and that also work commercially.
We’re looking for a skilled and passionate Senior Designer to join our fast-paced product research and design team. We’re on a mission to create an exciting new business that makes a real difference to the UK’s climate change impact. As an integral part of the design team, you will have the opportunity to research, shape and design an exciting new product.
Role and reponsibilities
Working as part of our collaborative multidisciplinary team to design, prototype and test an exciting new service, you will need to:
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to coordinate the work of the design team with the rest of the business
- Analyse user needs and synthesise design solutions through an agile user-centred design process
- Produce wireframes, sitemaps, and user journeys to support the design process
- Produce low- and high-fidelity prototypes for testing with users and presentation to stakeholders
- Plan and run user testing sessions, workshops and other research engagements with industry experts, end-users and other stakeholders to acquire applicable insights
- Plan and run working design sessions with the team to capture knowledge and insights to inform the design process
- Produce client-facing documentation and presentations to explain our work externally
- Work with the team to deliver completed, production-ready digital assets
- Comfortably engage in brainstorming and constructive design feedback sessions, as well as conduct independent research
- Design interfaces and interactions for production and present design decisions to stakeholders
- Collaborate with the marketing, business development and science teams to ensure wider business aims are aligned with product
- Carry out these functions as part of an intimate, two-person team and provide personal development opportunities
Experience and knowledge
- A minimum of five years experience in UX design/ design research Education to degree level or equivalent experience
- A proven record of user research experience and a working understanding of UCD techniques and processes
- The ability to understand and translate research findings and to merge user research capture with business requirements to create an exciting, effective user experiences
- Experience working on a live digital product working collaboratively with designers, developers, strategists and researchers to design and manage a working product
- The skills to efficiently explore and test design options through paper prototyping, user flows, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups
- Comfort with a fast-paced, agile design processes (storyboarding, prototyping, usability testing & visual design)
- The skills to bring ideas to life through sketching and using industry standard software/tools, especially Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- A passion for design research, problem-solving and innovative thinking
- Be a flexible, self-starter who works well both independently and with a team
What we offer
ON5 Company is a vibrant start-up based in King’s Cross, London. We are passionate about sustainability and about building services that can make sustainability outcomes actually happen in the real world. We encourage a culture of supportive learning that puts well-being and professional development first – it’s a friendly and supportive environment.
If you feel that you meet all the requirements for this position and want to be part of a fun, dynamic team, we would love to hear from you; please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and access to your portfolio in your application.
Location: Central London
Level: Midweight-Senior (min 5 years experience)
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Objective: To carry out UX, design and service research as we create an innovative mass-market online service in the sustainability sector
Salary: £50-60k, dependent on experience
Start date: Late September, early October
23 August 2019
London, United Kingdom
About ON5 Company
ON5 Company is a startup-subsidiary of a successful French company, ON5 Group, that provides energy efficiency solutions across Europe. The ON5 Group is on a mission to make energy efficiency accessible to as many people as possible, to implement energy efficiency projects and initiate behaviour changes that truly benefit people and the planet.
ON5 Company values equality and diversity in our workplace; our application is open to everyone and anyone.